Send the Light Ministries in the Philippines
Send the Light Ministries (STLM) was founded by Pastor Rodelio D. Mallari in April 2006. STLM was born out of the need to encourage local churches in the work of the ministry by conducting conferences and producing indispensable Christian ministry resources into Filipino, the national language of the Philippines. Sound biblical materials that are based solely on the time-honoured text of the King James Bible are so hard to come by in the Philippines.
STLM is not affiliated with any missions organization. Its humble efforts for the Lord have never been regularly supported by any local or foreign Christian funding agencies. STLM has a support-base of a handful of like-minded Christian families and a few local churches that believe in what it does and stand for the Lord. As such, your prayers and support for this fledgling ministry are much appreciated.
Vision of Send the Light Ministries
STLM has since printed and distributed thousands of tracts all over the Philippines. As the Lord provides the ways and means, STLM envisions printing Bibles, books, literature, hymnals, Sunday school materials, tracts, etc. to supply freely or at cost to the thousands of needy Filipino churches. While STLM cannot supply everything to everyone, it will prayerfully endeavour to do its small part to make a difference in the growth and ministry of local churches.
Long Term Objectives of this Work
- To translate and locally print the King James Bible into Filipino;
- To translate and locally print English Christian literature that could be effectively used in evangelistic and discipleship work;
- To encourage and train local churches to get involved in sustained personal,house-to-house, and open-air street evangelism;
- To conduct Bible seminars and conferences in aid of the edification and equipping of national pastors;
- To produce and distribute free evangelistic CDs, videos and literature to reach as many of our 8 million Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) as possible;
- To aid the ministries of the poorest of the poor likeminded Filipino churches with an assortment of new or used Bibles, New Testaments, scripture portions, tracts,Sunday school materials, and other literature as the Lord provides;
- To aid the study and ministry of the poorest of the poor likeminded Filipino pastors and missionaries with new or used Study Bibles, pastoral helps, and other theological references as the Lord provides;